READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING:
I’d like to think I’m open-minded but here are a few quick things that will make it more likely for me open/read/listen to your email.
- DON’T add me to an email list without my permission. If I get added to a mailing list, you can bet I won’t read your email — the one you sent me or any in the future you may send.
- DON’T send me a mass email. If you want me to spend some quality time on your music, spend some quality time on my blog. A mass email is a quick way to the trash.
- DON’T send me anything but music. Sending me interviews, demos, trailers for videos, etc….yeah, you guessed it: your email is getting trashed.
- DON’T send me a wall of text. This rule probably varies from blog to blog, but I just want your music and a link to a website with more info. If it’s good, which it likely isn’t since I receive so much and so little of it is actually good, I’ll look you up.
- DON’T send me music that clearly doesn’t fit the format of my blog. Look, I’m open-minded, but if you’re sending me club bangers about girls, drugs, and money or, at the opposite end of the spectrum, really lo-fi, jazzy tracks, clearly you have never looked at my blog and don’t know what my format is. Don’t bother emailing me.
- DO personalize your email to me. If you say “Catchy Hip Hop submission” in the subject line of your email, you can bet I’m going to open it. If you tell me some artists your similar to that I’ve posted before, yes, I will listen to your music.
If you’ve read these rules and think you’re ready to submit, email your tracks, preferably as a youtube video (music video or picture with audio) to catchyhiphop [at] gmail [dot] com. Soundcloud and Bandcamp are the only other ways I listen to music. If you send me a datpiff link, reverbnation, or sonicbids link, don’t bother. I won’t listen.